Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have not filed for 2016 and now it is creating a problem…

Customer Question
I have not filed...

I have not filed for 2016 and now it is creating a problem with my health insurance. What is the fastest way to resolve this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I guest what I need to do is file. I have my w-2 and 1099.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I live in Massachusetts and am trying to get MassHealth. I have no income at present.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. Yes, filing the 2016 return is what you will need to do. Note that you will have to paper file the return because e-filing season is closed for the year.

For general healthcare info, you can refer to the following link.

https://www.healthcare.gov/taxes/no-health-coverage/

-----------------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant