Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have not filed for 2016 and now it is creating a problem…

Customer Question
I have not filed...

I have not filed for 2016 and now it is creating a problem with my health insurance. What is the fastest way to resolve this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I guest what I need to do is file. I have my w-2 and 1099.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I live in Massachusetts and am trying to get MassHealth. I have no income at present.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. Yes, filing the 2016 return is what you will need to do. Note that you will have to paper file the return because e-filing season is closed for the year.

For general healthcare info, you can refer to the following link.

https://www.healthcare.gov/taxes/no-health-coverage/

-----------------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.