Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Wanted to ask a question concerning refund for local pay, I…

Customer Question
Hello wanted to ask a...
Hello wanted to ask a question concerning refund for local pay, I work in Philadelphia but live outside the city Am I able to request for a city wage tax refund
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The City Wage Tax is a tax on salaries, wages, commissions, and other compensation. The tax applies to payments that a person receives from an employer in return for work or services.

All Philadelphia residents owe the City Wage Tax, regardless of where they work. Non-residents who work in Philadelphia must also pay the Wage Tax unfortunately.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4