Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can S-Corporation fund more than 2% shareholder HSA account…

Can S-Corporation fund more than...
Can S-Corporation fund more than 2% shareholder HSA account for her high deductible health insurance?
12/12/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes,

BUT

When the S corporation makes HSA contributions on behalf of its more than 2 percent shareholder-employee

1. The S corporation treats the contributions as W-2 compensation to the shareholder-employee.

2. The shareholder-employee has a deductible HSA on his or her personal tax return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent