Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have question about tax on forgiven debt, mortgage debt…

Customer Question
I have question about...

I have question about tax on forgiven debt, mortgage debt due to foreclosure on my home

Accountant's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Wi

Accountant's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I received tax bill from wi revenue on a $45,000 forgiven debt

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was on a home that I lost due to foreclosure

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 5 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Please give me a few minutes to type my answer.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney