Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have not received my Social Security statement for 2017.

Customer Question
I have not received...

I have not received my Social Security statement for 2017. Has it been mailed, or is it lost in the mail.

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I got the Benefit letter, the one that only gives you monthly numbers. I have not filed anything yet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are asking about your earnings statement for 2017 (Form SSA-1099), those statements will not be mailed out until January when 2017 is over.

Generally, you will receive the statement sometime during the last 2 weeks in January.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb