Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Im starting a non-profit and Ive filed 501C paperwork but…

Customer Question
Im starting a non-profit...

Im starting a non-profit and Ive filed 501C paperwork but need to open a bank account to follow the money.... If i open a club account with Wells fargo which is a Sole proprietor what information i need for the IRS?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No thats all i have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/12/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

A sole proprietorship cannot be a non-profit charity. Only corporations, limited liability companies, certain trusts and unincorporated associations are eligible.

How did you file the 501(c) paperwork?

See the following: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/can-sole-proprietorship-nonprofit-charity-72954.html

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent