Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a call from a collection agency recently about…

Customer Question
I received a call from...
I received a call from a collection agency recently about unpaid state taxes I owed in Colorado in 2012. What is the Statute of Limitations on that? Do I have to pay?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/11/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

In Colorado, the statute of limitations for collecting an income tax (or wage withholding) balance due is six years from the date of the final determination or assessment. [§39-21-107(2), C.R.S.]

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney