Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I recently sent into IRS a letter stating that I need a EIN…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello, I...

Second opinion] Hello, I recently sent into IRS a letter stating that I need a EIN number corrected to the correct title of the corp. I made a mistake when I put INK. instead of INC. in the letter. That number is: 82-3336702. Please advise me on what to do.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The name on the EIN title is: BREAK-A-WAYS MOTORCYCLE CLUB INC.. The correct name needs to be BREAK-A-WAYS M.C. INC.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
How will I know if the correction has been made and how long will it take ?? Can I get a confirmation to this action ? I did request a confirmation from IRS.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out with this.
There are two ways to do this. You can wait until you file your next tax return and put the correct name on that tax return. You would need to also check the box on page 1 saying there is a name change.
The other way to do it is write a letter, signed by the corporate officer saying you are changing the name. The letter is sent to the IRS service center where you would paper file your return. Turn around is usually 6 to 8 weeks.
Hope that helps! If you need anything let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!
Carter McBride
Carter McBride