Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

The value of the house is of tax appraisal? Do I claim or…

Customer Question
The value of the house...
The value of the house is of tax appraisal?
Do I claim or write off what I paid to pay the mortgage, taxes, electricity, yard etc. for the year before I sold it?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/11/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You can claim the interest on the mortgage if it was in your name (the debt was your debt) and the real estate taxes but not the other items.

The tax appraisal amount can be used yes.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4