Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My client lives in Maine has a 1120S formed in Delaware. It…

Customer Question
My client lives in...

My client lives in Maine has a 1120S formed in Delaware. It is an internet business takes show dog videos and adv on internet and they are sold to clients in all states. The shareholders are husband and wife. He needs to take a reasonable salary. How does he file a W2 from Maine paying Maine unemp (only has about $500 sales in Maine) or for Delaware or can he just file a W2 without state just paying Federal Taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not unless he has some questions.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/11/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

I assume they have an LLC registered in Delaware and elected with the IRS that LLC to be taxed as S-corporation.

Because they are working out of their home in Maine - that S-corporation MUST be registered in Maine as a foreign (out-of-state) corporation.

See additional information here

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/corp/foreign.html

Because the work performed in Maine - all state employment taxes are paid in Maine only and none in Delaware.

That is based on physical location where services were provided.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor