Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I recently sent into IRS a letter stating that I need a EIN…

Customer Question
Hello, I recently sent...

Hello, I recently sent into IRS a letter stating that I need a EIN number corrected to the correct title of the corp. I made a mistake when I put INK. instead of INC. in the letter. That number is: 82-3336702. Please advise me on what to do.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The name on the EIN title is: BREAK-A-WAYS MOTORCYCLE CLUB INC.. The correct name needs to be BREAK-A-WAYS MC INC.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/11/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

You can notify IRS about the name correction with a letter. IRS will accept your letter and send a confirming letter.

From IRS:

"Write to us at the address where you filed your return, informing the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the name change.

Note: The notification must be signed by the business owner or authorized representative."

I suggest that you attach the IRS letter to the next return you file with the corrected name. Mark "copy" on the top of the letter so IRS will know you have notified them already.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated, five stars is best. I'm PDtax.