Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Rental property entered into a LLC, when do the property…

Customer Question
Rental property entered into...

Rental property entered into a LLC, when do the property write offs start? After incorporation or for the calendar year of incorporation?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Owned property converted to renal property then put in a Llc.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

.?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/9/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 4 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I will be able assist you today.

Q: when do the property write offs start?

A: The property write offs start when you place the property into service for rental purposes.

Additionally, the IRS allows you to deduct $5,000 in business startup costs and $5,000 in organizational costs,

The date placed in service is the date when the property was available for rent.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. If you have no further questions please take a moment to accept and rate my answer by clicking on three stars or higher. A positive rating of five stars is always appreciated. Thank you!
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®