Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Tax law.FICA Tax law. W-4 and W-2 payroll tax withholding…

tax law.FICA Tax law. W-4...
tax law.FICA Tax law. W-4 and W-2 payroll tax withholding from wages and salaries.gross pay and take home pay. number of hours measured direct work assigned by W-4 and W-2 forms. for Medicare eligibility. do indirect hours of work ALLOCATED indirectly in accounting count as equivalent to assigned direct hours measured. do I qualify for medicare.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

W4 form is filed by an employee to direct the payroll person regarding withholding.

The purpose of withholding - to cover expected tax liability.

In January - the employer issues form W2 reporting gross wages and taxes withheld.

That W2 form is used by the employee to prepare tax return.

Any tax withheld is credited toward actual tax liability as calculated on teh tax return.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
i worked and established a social security account for myself in the 1960's. since then i have occupied myself with studenting. at Stanford University in Palo Alto California.94305. first in the undergraduate division and then in the graduate division. i "worked " in conjunction with a surgeon my father. the accountant did not supply me with a W-2 or presumably file a W-4 as a employer of the good doctor Incorporated. so my "revenue" is presumably maitainence income. not wages and salaries. How might i rectify this in the eyes of the social security administration an Medicare payroll tax authorities.
i press on using this modality for the time being.
should i try to get in touch with the accounting firm who prepared tax returns for the good doctor and ask the question of them or could you supply an answer.
i realized that in a case such as this documentation is paramount. what do I supply the tax authorities about my work history?
i am presently on Medicaid state sponsored. for diabetes Type II and Bipolar some subtype rapidly cycling i think. i take abilify and paxil and topomax. in addition i take metformin and Lopid for a family history o f atherosclerosis. saphenous bypass father.
i am affiliated with an HMO Northcare in OKC.OK. for social workers who have helped me in the past. I think i draw from the social security account of parental entitlements? But I'd like to qualify in my own right.
I 'd like to qualify for social security old age benefits at age 68 years. i am over 65 and have worked --just how many months and years do I need to qualify --for entitlements in my own right?
thanking you ahead of receiving a response. should i try applying online for medicare benefits. social security old age benefits.Using "plain speak" descriptions of my situation.?

i "worked " in conjunction with a surgeon my father. the accountant did not supply me with a W-2 or presumably file a W-4 as a employer of the good doctor Incorporated. so my "revenue" is presumably maitainence income. not wages and salaries. How might i rectify this in the eyes of the social security administration an Medicare payroll tax authorities.

If wages were not paid and social security taxes were not remitted to the SSA - that activity resulted NO social security credits and may not be re-established.

If indeed wages were paid for services you provided BUT social security taxes were not remitted - that would be a fraud and definitely may be discussed with your employer or his accountant.

what do I supply the tax authorities about my work history?

There is no specific document requirements - ANY supporting documents and affidavits from persons who may certify on your behalf will help.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor