Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was married had children then divorce years later the x…

Customer Question
I was married had children...
I was married had children then divorce years later the x got married for about a year and a half. He was in military, commented suicid.
I claimed her before x got married and after his death.for the past 10 years. Was I ok to claim her on my taxes. Daughter is receiving benefits for collage. She uses her home to receive mail, I pay her auto & insurance.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You would need to have provided more than half of her expenses for living. As she is in college she would not have to have the same address as you but if you only paid her auto and insurance that would not have been enough.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4