Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am registering a US subsidiary(single member LLC) for a…

Customer Question
I am registering a...

I am registering a US subsidiary(single member LLC) for a foreign company. The responsible Entity is a US citizen, however, I am unsure hw to complete section 9a of form SS-4. At this point I am just applying to , so as I understand it have to state 'other' and put in disregarded entity.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Will I also have to complete form 5472 and 1120?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/8/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 4 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you.

For line 9A given your scenario, you would be correct to select "other" disregarded entity. The instructions state in part "Disregarded entities include single-member limited liability companies (LLCs) "

___

You would have to complete form 5472 if the portion owned by the foreign company is 25% or more of the subsidiary that you are creating.

____

Form 1120 is to be filed by domestic corporations to report income, gains, losses, deductions and credits. - You do not need to complete this form at this time.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney