Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Question about forms 1095 A and form 8962. The 1095 A form…

Customer Question
Question about forms 1095...

Question about forms 1095 A and form 8962

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The 1095 A form lists that I had health insurance until July August through December are blank, even though I had insurance during that time

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No that is literally the only issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/7/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Form 1095-A is issued by the Healthcare Marketplace for health insurance through the Marketplace.

Did you have health insurance through the Marketplace all year or just until July?

All year
I've asked the Marketplace to send me a completed form, and they say that's all the information that they have
No one can help me. It's insane. I've been trying to find an answer for weeks. I've called the IRS. They say go to the Marketplace. The Marketplace says they can't help me.

Did you speak to a manager at the Marketplace? Did they escalate the issue so it can be investigated?

The IRS is correct. They cannot help you. The Marketplace has to research the issue and make the correction.

Just called the marketplace again. They can't help. On hold with an insurance. I can't believe there is absolutely no way around this.
I don't want to be charged for this question. I haven't heard any new information here.

Not a problem. I'll forward this to customer service on your behalf.

Good luck!

Thanks