Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

FICA payroll employer tax withholding tax forms W-4 and W-2…

Customer Question
FICA payroll employer tax withholding...
FICA payroll employer tax withholding tax forms W-4 and W-2 forms. The accountant for the man I worked for from1976-1984 did not provide me with W-4 forms to complete and return to him or W-2 forms to submit on my own. Now what am I going to do to claim these years as "employement "for Medciare gainful employemtn eligibility. I am 68 years old and am applying for medicare-medicaid advantage plans sponsored through AARP.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/7/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you worked and received no W2 then you most likely reported that income as self employment. Self Employment Tax would have been paid by you on this income you earned. SSA should have a record of your tax paid and the amount of self employment you reported.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4