Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional
Experience:  IRS Licensed Enrolled Agent, CDFA ® CFP ®, MBA
98767339

I own a 2 family house ,one half we carried as a investment

Customer Question

I own a 2 family house ,one half we carried as a investment property, the other half we used as our home After 40 years we are selling. am I in tiled to $500000. right off on my part
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I own a 2 family home we carried one half as a investment property, [paid taxes on the oncome] after 40 years we are selling am I in titled to the one time $500000. RIGHToff or any part of it.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP® replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

You are able to exclude up to $500,000 under IRC 121 if you are filing as married fling jointly for the portion of your home that was considered your primary residence.

Would you please restate the additional questions.

If you have no additional questions please take a moment to accept and rate my answer.

Thank you!

Was I able to answer your question clearly and to your satisfaction? If not please let me know.

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional