Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was looking up my 401K and could not find any reference to…

Customer Question
I was looking up...

I was looking up my 401K and could not find any reference to my designated beneficiaries.

Accountant's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

california

Accountant's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Just the statements with bofa of my 401K

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Shouldn't they show up on the statement?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/6/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 7 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

Generally the statement won't contain your beneficiaries.

However, you should ensure you beneficiaries are properly designated. You may call the 401K service provider to confirm you beneficiaries.

The 401K provider may have specific forms that you need to complete to add or change beneficiary designation

If you have any additional questions please let me know.

If you have no further questions please take a moment to accept and rate my answer by clicking on three stars or higher.

A positive rating of five stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional