Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question for rolling over insurance proceeds from a…

Customer Question
i have a question for...
i have a question for rolling over insurance proceeds from a auto rec
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** can possibly assist you. What is your question?

in 2015 I purchased 3 vehicles.Nissan NV
RV
Ford TruckAll got totaled and I got insurance proceeds.I also bought a new nissan with the proceeds. I need help with the journal entries
2nd time using this. So its $52 to discuss over the phone and get the correct journal entries?

Yes, that is correct, $52 for the telephone call. However, if you do not require a telephone call, we can communicate via this thread. As for the journal entries, the insurance proceeds are entered as Other Income for the business.

I bought another like kind vehicle and rolled the insurance proceeds to that purchase to avoid reporting the gain. So its not other income.
Tax Professional: NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner replied 4 months ago
NPVAdvisor
NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner
Phone call session started
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney