Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just found out that my wife did not pay a 2016 tax

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out that my wife did not pay a 2016 tax adjustment in a Sep 4 2017 CP504 it stated that we owe 423.60. There is a more resent letter which is lost. How do I find out what I now owe and how do I pay it.

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok,ready now.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/4/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

In order to verify the amount owned - you would need to contact the IRS.

Please expect some time on hold - call toll free _800_829_1040

Another option to order your tax account transcript.

And finally - you may pay the amount you know and after your payment will be processed - the IRS will send you a note with additional amount to pay - you will be given 30 day to pay that amount.

Let me know if you need any further help.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor