Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a notice for tax due. My tax payment in 2015 was…

Customer Question
I received a notice...

I received a notice for tax due. My tax payment in 2015 was credited to the wrong year and I have a deficit. I'm trying to set up a payment plan but having problems. Can you adivse?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am not sure how to initiate a payment plan.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The payment has a due date for today.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/4/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Are you trying to set up a payment plan online at the IRS website?

Can we try this thru chat?

We are chatting here. You can post your response, and I will answer you.

i am online at IRS.com/opa. Which link do I want to start a loan agreement?
Thank you - I am setting up my account. I am waiting for the email with confirmation code. It's be 5 minutes. I have tried it twice.. Advice?

Did you receive online notification that the payment plan was accepted?

no. Still setting up account. waiting for email confirmation code.
I am seeing a spam email from '77010'. Is that my code?

You can try it. I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

The IRS Website just closed me out?? I will keep trying and call you later it needed.
thanks

Okay.

Let me know if you are successful. If not, you can mail in the installment agreement application.

Just following up with you to find out if you were successful in setting up an installment agreement using the IRS' online feature.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent