Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I had a quick question about a state refund? i recieved my…

Customer Question
Good afternoon i had...

Good afternoon i had a quick question about a state refund? i recieved my federal but never recieved my state from 2008 is it to late to find out what happened to it?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Well that is the question is the state still available to me or is it to late to recieve it

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I do not know how to get the amount that i should have recieved

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/4/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is a three year statute of limitation to claim a refund.

So for old refunds - most likely - you will not get any money even if you are entitled...

For last three years - you still may claim a refund.
Let me know your state and I will help you with next steps.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor