Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have an ISA in uk but not live in Australia does that mean…

Customer Question
I have an ISA...

I have an ISA in uk but not live in Australia does that mean I have to declare it and pay Australia tax?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

You
I have an ISA in uk but now work and live in Australia does that mean I have to declare it and pay Australia tax?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/4/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As an Australian resident for tax purposes, you would report/declare and pay tax on the interest earned by the ISA. You would NOT REPORT AND/OR PAY TAX on the entire amount in the ISA.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent