Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Well, immigration wants me to send them my ato notice

Customer Question
Well, immigration wants me...

Well, immigration wants me to send them my ato notice assessment is the PAYG payment summary same or not?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have to provide 2017 ATO notice of assessment for 2015 2016 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Its for my PR visa

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/4/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 7 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

No, those two are not the same.

The notice of assessment ATO sends you is an itemised account of the amount of tax you owe on your taxable income. It also contains other details that are not part of the assessment, such as the amount of credit you have for tax already paid during the income year.

The PAYG Summary comes from your employer. It shows how much tax has been withheld.

You can request copies of the notice

If you have a myGov account, your notice of assessment is sent to your myGov inbox.

If you require a copy of a current or previous year's notice of assessment, phone ATO on 13 28 61.

A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.