Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does Republican new tax bill repelled all estate tax? There…

Customer Question
Does Republican new tax bill...
Does Republican new tax bill repelled all estate tax?
There is no more inheritance tax? One can pass on any amount of money to his children without paying any estate tax?
What about the $14,000/year limit that one could give as gift to their children? Is that also repelled?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I will respond shortly.

Let me first mention that their are two bills that have passed (The House and the Senate Bill), however, the final bill has not yet been finalized, so as of yet, while we have an idea of what the tax changes may be, at this point, the changes are not etched in stone. SEE BELOW:

-------------------------------------

House and Senate Republicans still have to settle the differences between their tax bills before Trump can sign a final bill, which would give the GOP the legislative achievement they’ve sought throughout their first year of regaining full control in Washington.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/01/tax-bill-2017-senate-republicans-274453

Still writing....

you are right about the nothing is final yet.
I am asking what is in senate and house bill as of today regarding estate tax?

If President Trump and the GOP get their way, then yes, Estate tax is on the chopping block to be eliminated. Generation skipping tax is also on the chopping block to be eliminated. As of right now, I do not see that inheritance tax will be eliminated. You can refer to the chart at the following link for a general overview of what changes will likely take place.

https://itep.org/wp-content/uploads/ryantrumpcompare1116.pdf

--------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant