Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

This morning I requested a paper copy of last years tax

Customer Question
return. Did you receive my...
This morning I requested a paper copy of last years tax return. Did you receive my request? I saw that my bank account was debited. When will I receive it?
Patricia M. Wolf
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello again. I was the person who assisted you this morning. I provided you with the info on how you can get a copy of the return. This site does not have access to the IRS computers and we cannot get that information for you. You would need to request the return on the Form that I provided to you. Did you call the number that I provided to you?

I did not receive either the phone number or the form?. If you can't help me what am I paying for?
Patricia wolf

I sent you a response to your inquiry with the relevant information. I am going to go back to that thread, copy the information that I sent to you and send to you again. Give me a few minutes.

Following is the information that I sent to you this morning:

---------------------------------------

As for obtaining a copy of your 2015 tax return by mail, you will need to complete a Form 4506 and mail it in to the IRS with a $50 payment. The IRS charges for actual copies of the return. On the other hand, you can request a transcript of the return for free. While the information on the transcript is the same information on the actual tax return, it is presented in a different format. You can also call the following number to request a copy of the transcript. 1-(###) ###-####

Link to Form 4506:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

---------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

01/12/2017 10:06

Me

If you decide that the transcript works for you, and you wanrt to get it by mail, you will complete the Form 4506-T.

Link to Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Even if prompted to do so, there is no need to rate this response.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney