Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can I find out how much my employer paid in my income taxes…

Customer Question
Can I find out...

Can I find out how much my employer paid in my income taxes in the year 1978?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to know how much my employer paid to the IRS in the year 1978

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 4 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The IRS rarely keeps any records beyond 10 years. The social security claims to keep W2s back to 1978 but there's a fee of $86 for each copy unless you need to for social security related reasons.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney