Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I live in Denver and receive monthly spousal support. I am…

Customer Question
I live in Denver...

I live in Denver and receive monthly spousal support. I am aware that I am taxed on this payment, but wonder what tax form do I use and do I need to file this quarterly or yearly. Thanks

Accountant's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will report the alimony when you file your tax return. You would use Form 1040, Line 11.

You should consider making estimated quarterly tax payments during the year on this income so you will not have a tax liability when you file your tax return. Estimated tax payments are due on April 15, June 15, September 15, and January 15 of the following year.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent