Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

NEW YORK TAXI CAB MEDALLION OWNER WITH A LOAN. THE BANK

Customer Question
I NEED HELP, I'M...

I NEED HELP, I'M A NEW YORK TAXI CAB MEDALLION OWNER WITH A LOAN. THE BANK FAILED TO RENEW MY LOAN ON MATURITY AND SOLD THE LOAN TO CAPITAL ONE BANK WHO HAS REPOSSED MY MEDALLION AND HAS SENT ME A LETTER TO AUCTION IT ON 5TH DECEMBER 2017. I NEED HELP TO STOP THIS AND GET MY MEDALLION BACK

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2017
Tax Professional: JustAnswer, Accountant replied 6 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Accountant
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The ONLY way to stop the auction woudl be to find another loan provider who agree to provide a loan.

However New York City taxi medallion are much lower now because of Uber and other competitors...

So - that might be better NOT to refinance - but to re-purchase your own medallion at the auction.

Thus you might want to discuss with potential lenders the option to finance such repurchase.

The prices of all the sales ranged from $150,000 to $450,000 per medallion.

Phone call session started

Please verify the best time to discuss your issue.

I was not able to leave a message because your mail box is full.