Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am trying to a form showing that I did not file any W2 for…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to a form showing that I did not file any W2 for 2016. How can I get that?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How can I get a letter fax to my loan office of proof

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

What else is needed?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 7 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Please explain what you mean when you say "a form showing that I did not file any W2 for 2016".

If you want proof of non filing the IRS has a transcript.

• Verification of Non-filing Letter - provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. It doesn't indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year. This letter is available after June 15 for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. You must use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for tax years older than the prior three years.

All that says is that you did not file a tax return and not that you were not required to file.

If you want info about receiving a W2 then you want the following

• Wage and Income Transcript - shows data from information returns we receive such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information. Current tax year information may not be complete until July. This transcript is available for up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.

Please let me know if you need more information or the link to the ONLINE IRS request for either of those transcripts.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

can I get a refund for the charge on my card of the $46 because I just spoke with a live on phone and have to make an appointment. Please.

I will tell Customer Support that you want a refund.

thank you

You are most welcome

when will it be put back in my account?