Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question with regards to state income tax. I live…

I have a question...

I have a question with regards ***** ***** income tax.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I live in Frisco Texas which has no state income tax. I rent a home in Texas, my bank accounts has a Texas address and my cars are registered in Texas and my child attends school in Texas. I recently took a job in Georgia, and I will split time between the 2 locations and will rent a place in Atlanta, so I will have 2 residences, but my primary address and dependent child will be in Texas. Should I have to pay Georgia state income tax?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I think that is it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to hearing from you.

As a non-resident of GA, you will be taxed on Georgia sourced income. SEE BELOW:

-------------------------------------

What are the filing requirements for a nonresident who works in Georgia and/or has other Georgia source income?

Nonresidents, who work in Georgia or receive income from Georgia sources and are required to file a Federal income tax return, are required to file a Georgia income tax return. Some examples of Georgia source income are wages, Georgia lottery winnings, income from flow through entities (s-corporations, partnerships, LLC’s, trusts, and estates), rents, etc. If you are a legal resident of another state, you are not required to file a Georgia income tax return if your only activity for financial gain or profit in Georgia consists of performing services in Georgia for an employer as an employee when the compensation for services performed does not exceed the lesser of 5% of the income received in all places during the taxable year or $5,000.00.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://dor.georgia.gov/filing-residents-nonresidents-part-year-residents-and-military-personnel-faq

--------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant