Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

General question. My husband just bought a business in the…

Customer Question
General question. My husband...

General question. My husband just bought a business in the past year. I have nothing to do with the business but I am employed. we file jointly. What Documents will I need to file a joint return? My employment and salary did not change. I am a teacher and have nothing to do with the business.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don’t know...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
11/30/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 4 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You will file your usual 1040, there will be no special form for you. But depending on the type of business your husband bought (single member LLC, scorp, corporation or partnership) there will be additional form and maybe a separate business return required.

It’s either a corporation or local. Nothing is needed separately for me though?
Llc
Hello?

What do you mean with local?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney