Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am being told that I have been awarded a prize of

Customer Question
I am being told...

I am being told that I have been awarded a prize of $585,000.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The call came in as trying to decide if we were actually living at the address on the package and actually the person on the package. This call came from Customs Office in Wilmington, NC We continue to get calls about the procedure to claim this money, We have spoken to two different men. We are told that the National Bureau of Assets is handling this from overseas. We have been informed about the taxes we will owe but will be paid by this bureau. The money will need to be in escrow for a period, etc, etc. Could tell you more, and I am becoming very wary of this whole thing. Can you explain?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The second person we spoke to is in Washington DC

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
11/29/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi ,my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. I can understand why you would be wary. Did you enter a contest?