Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

The irs said i was right about a problem with my 2016 taxes…

Customer Question
The irs said i...

The irs said i was right about a problem with my 2016 taxes and they were wrong. they sent the wrong information to medicare

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I will be paying more for Medicare in 2018 because they sent the wrong information after i corrected them

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

My taxes were right to begin with and they never sent the correct amount i made so I will be paying more than I should

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/29/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 5 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

First, you must request a reconsideration of the initial determination from the Social Security Administration. A request for reconsideration can be done orally by calling the SSA 1-800 number(###) ###-#### as well as by writing to SSA.

The IRMAA is based on information from the individual’s income tax return obtained from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and calculated according to a mathematical formula established by law. The IRMAA is then added to the standard premium amount to calculate the beneficiary’s total monthly Part B insurance premium. Because the IRS gave incorrect information the appeal by you should be made as soon as you can.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4