Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can someone take taxes out of your money and not give you a…

Customer Question
Can someone take taxes...

Can someone take taxes out of your money and not give you a w2

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband went to work in Puerto Rico and before he left they told us we will get a 1099 but when they stared to pay him they said that he will not get a 1099 and that they would take taxes out of his money but we will not get a w2 can they do that

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The guy that is paying us said that he is paying the taxes for all the money but the money is coming out of the money that he is paying my husband I have record of all of the tax money that is coming out
11/29/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The reporting form used by employers in Puerto Rico is PR Treasury Form 499R-2/W2-PR - Withholding Statement (PR-W2).

Are they saying your husband will not receive ANY form regarding his earnings and taxes withheld?

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent