Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My mom is deceased and her property taxes are deliquent, tax…

Customer Question
My mom is deceased...

My mom is deceased and her property taxes are deliquent, tax lien papers are coming in mail. Who do I need to talk to about this

Accountant's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Da ok as, Tx. Family home as well as commercial property

Accountant's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes. Affidavit for with all children

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/27/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 5 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

Q:Who do I need to talk to about this

A: To resolve a property tax lien in the state of Texas you should start by speaking with your assigned Texas Comptroller Field Office.

You have a few options to begin the lien removal process and I have outlined a few options below. Your particular option will depend on the specific facts of the situation.

1) Request a hardship -Hardship requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. You must make a strong argument (backed up with supporting documentation) in order to be approved.

2) Ensure the lien is Valid and then pay the lien

3) Request an installment plan if you cannot pay the full amount and then apply for the lien to be removed. Again, these repayment plans are not guaranteed; each case is reviewed on its own merits.

____

I would be happy to assist you in locating your local office you provide me the town or city where you mothers home is located. Below is also a link to the Texas state comptrollers office.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/about/contact/locations.php

Main Office

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Lyndon B. Johnson State Office Building
111 East 17th Street
Austin, Texas 78774

I would be happy to answer any follow up questions you may have. At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to accept the answer by rating the answer with three stars or more. A positive rating of five stars is always appreciated. Thank you!
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®