Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am the owner of a Usa corporation and would like to

Customer Question
transfer some funds to a...
I am the owner of a Usa corporation and would like to transfer some funds to a foreign entity in a different country. I would like to know how much I can claim as expenses ???
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/26/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

Okay

What expenses are your referring to? The expense of transferring the funds, or something else?

They are the salaries of offshore employees of the Indian company and also sometimes temporary consultations of experts from India to provide support in our technology projects

Ok, This matter is going to take a bit more time than I have to explain because there are several factors involved. One is that you are mentioning paying the salaries of foreign persons with U.S. source income, which is a matter that will take some time to explain and then you are wanting to know what expenses you can deduct. My apologies, but I don't have the time to go into all the details involved in what you are wanting to do. I am going to opt out and release the question back into the question queue so that someone else can assist you.

Fine
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Is the Indian company providing services to your U.S. corporation?

Then the Indian company would invoice your U.S. corporation, and the U.S. corporation would expense what is paid to the Indian company.

The Indian company needs to provide Form W-8BEN-E to your U.S. corporation, which your U.S. corporation will keep for documentation. Form W-8BEN-E does not get sent to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8bene.pdf

You do not withhold any taxes or issue any tax documents to the Indian company because the entity is foreign (Indian), and the work is being performed in India.

If you are paying individuals, the form the individual would fill out is W-8BEN.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

Do I need to withhold for individuals

Not if they are foreign individuals and the work is being performed in India.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent