Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Who pays the property taxes on a life estate? California.

Customer Question
Who pays the property...

Who pays the property taxes on a life estate?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet I am a real estate broker. Its on a farm the seller will retain a Life Estate on the home and shops but not the farmland.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/25/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

A life tenant is responsible to pay the property taxes and insurance and make repairs to the property on which he is a life tenant.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent