Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I got a faiñure to file tax bill Irs claims i didnt file…

Customer Question
I got a faiñure to...
I got a faiñure to file tax bill
Irs claims i didnt file extension
In past my accountant file for them
Does he require my signature to file extension?
I cant reach him and i am panicking as i just got the irs letter
Does irs make mistakes on this?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
11/25/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 6 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

No signature if required for filing an extension. The Form 4868 is the extension request form. You can view the form at the following link.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

There is the possibility that your accountant did not file the extension request and if you cannot prove that an extension has been filed, then the IRS will have the upper hand here.

-----------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Meant to write...no signature is required..

I am sure then that my accountant did file
The extension
Do the IRS make mistakes sometimes?

The IRS DOES make mistakes, however, without proof of filing the extension, it is your word against the IRS.

Reviewing old emails i saw that the accountant send me the form for nyc and told me that he can do the extensions but i need to sign the nyc form wich i did
I guess either he forgot to file tje extension or the irs made a mistake

At this point, again, it is the paper trail that counts. If you can't prove that an extension has been filed, and the IRS is saying that it has not been filed, they are going to stick with the extension not being filed.