Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can I get a copy of my 2016 income taxes? I'm filling out my…

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a copy of my 2016 income taxes?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'm filling out my sons FAFSA and we need my tax information from 2016 that I cannot find

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/22/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

thank you

You can request a copy of the tax return transcript for free or the actual tax return for $50 from the IRS. The tax transcript provides all of the relevant information that the tax return does, just in a different format. To request the transcript, you can call the IRS at 1-***-***-****. Typically the hold times are very long but every now and again, a person gets lucky and doesn't have to hold for an extremely long period of time. If you need the actual copy of the return, then you would complete the Form 4506 and mail it to the IRS with your check for $50. More regarding the 4506....

Link to Form 4506:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

If you have no luck getting through on the 1-***-***-**** number, you can also try calling 1-***-***-****.

Who prepared your original 2016 tax return? You should be able to get a copy of your 2016 tax return from that person or office as well.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant