Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Need a letter for offer in comprimise. Heart bypass, both…

Customer Question
Need a letter for...

Need a letter for offer in comprimise. Heart bypass, both hips replaced. can you help me with this letter.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Ok I will continue our discussion Friday afternoon .

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Divorced in 2007, Had hip replacements 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016. Bypass surgery Oct 2016. the reason for 4 hips was due to infection. DOB 7/1957 60 yrs of age. Commissions are my only form of income because Im a real estate salesperson

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/22/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You don't send a letter for an Offer in Compromise.

You make an Application.

Here is the basic information on what is required:

The application must include:

• Form 656, Offer in Compromise

• Completed Form 433-A (OIC), Collection Information Statement for Wage Earners and Self-Employed Individuals, if applicable

• Completed Form 433-B (OIC), Collection Information Statement for Businesses, if applicable

• $186 application fee, unless you meet Low Income Certification

• Initial offer payment, unless you meet Low Income Certification

The following link contains excellent information regarding an Offer in Compromise:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f656b.pdf

The IRS has an online tool that you can use to see if you qualify for an Offer in Compromise:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/offer-in-compromise

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent