Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question for you my girlfriend has an inheritance…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a question for you my girlfriend has an inheritance that she wants deposited in my etrade account her lawyer works for the IRS and he says I need to pay for a Presidential Release Order to have the money clear the IRS is there any truth to that?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

He refers to Act 152 section c6 of the tax amendment

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/22/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

I will check into Act 152 Section C6 and get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Q: Hello I have a question for you my girlfriend has an inheritance that she wants deposited in my etrade account her lawyer works for the IRS and he says I need to pay for a Presidential Release Order to have the money clear the IRS is there any truth to that?

A: This is the first time that I am hearing anything about a Presidential Order Release being needed to deposit inherited funds into a brokerage account. I have checked Presidential Orders as well as this so called Act 152, Section C6 of the tax amendment. Nothing is coming up. What tax amendment is he referring to? What state are you located in? To me it sounds like the lawyer is just making up something in order to avoid your girlfriend from depositing the funds into your account.

---------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant