Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

There is an elderly gentlemen on SSI? Does he still pay the…

Customer Question
Hello, there is...

Hello, there is an elderly gentlemen on SSI? Does he still pay the local per capita tax bill-school district?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

They are saying his per capita tax bill-school district which is $258.50. the question is simple please. since he is on SSI does he pay this?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/22/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I need to know what state. His being on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) alone doesn't exempt this (in any state's school district that I'm aware of.)

...

Age, is typically what drives these exemptions

...

Also clarify that you DO know the difference between SSI, SSDI and Social Security retirement.

...

The main difference between Social Security Disability ( SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is the fact that SSDI is available to workers who have accumulated a sufficient number of work credits, while SSI disability benefits are available to low-income individuals who have either never worked or who haven't earned enough work credits to qualify for SSDI.

Exonerations from the Per Capita Tax and Occupation Tax vary per each district, and state. So again, please let me know what jurisdiction you're talking about

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney