Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm trying to figure out where to enter my EIN # so that a…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure...

I'm trying to figure out where to enter my EIN # so that a copy of the original letter can be sent to me and my bank.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more info do you need?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Our condo association is changing banks. The new bank needs a copy of the original EIN letter. How do I get that?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
11/21/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 6 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

You will not be able to get a copy of the original EIN letter, however, you can request a 147c Letter. This letter will show the EIN that was issued to the condo association. You can request the letter by phone. SEE BELOW:

--------------------------------

To do so, call the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line toll free at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7am and 7pm in your local time zone.

Request a 147c letter when you speak with an agent on the phone. Requesting a letter is free. They will either mail it to you or fax it to you.

You will be asked some security questions about your business to verify your identity. Potential questions include: your EIN number, the name and address of your business, the type of business income tax form you file and your name and position in the company.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://help.synapsepay.com/hc/en-us/articles/211817307-Where-can-I-find-my-EIN-verification-letter-

--------------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.