Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can my husband file single stay under the 15% and avoid the…

Customer Question
Mark, Can my husband file...
Mark, Can my husband file single stay under the 15% and avoid the Capital Gains?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 7 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am available to assist you with your question today.

If your husband files as Married filing separately, he would need to have an adjusted gross income of below $37,950 to be taxed 15% for federal income tax and 0% for Long Term Capital gains.

Please let me know if I was able to answer your question clearly or if you would like for me to expand on my answer.

Thank you