Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am preparing a form 8802 for an LLC that will be filing as

Good morning. I am...
Good morning. I am preparing a form 8802 for an LLC that will be filing as a Partnership on Form 1065. For 2016 this entity was a Single Member LLC and two Partners were admitted October 1, 2017.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The LLC currently has their necessary form 6166 for 2017 which was applied for last December 2016 as a Single Member LLC. My question is what do I have to do now to file the 8802 now that their are three partners? The Partners are US Citizens, a Husband, Wife, and Son, all born in the USA and citizens of the USA since birth.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: We are applying for a 2018 6166 using form 8802
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Since you are applying for a 2018 6166, you will complete it in the name of the LLC and check the appropriate partnership boxes on Line 4b.

If certification is for the current calendar year or a year for which a tax return is not yet required to be filed, a penalties of perjury statement from Table 2 of the instructions must be entered on line 10 or attached to Form 8802 (see instructions).

The following link contains the instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8802.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Phone call session started

George,

It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent