Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am preparing a form 8802 for an LLC that will be filing as…

Good morning. I...

Good morning. I am preparing a form 8802 for an LLC that will be filing as a Partnership on Form 1065. For 2016 this entity was a Single Member LLC and two Partners were admitted October 1, 2017.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The LLC currently has their necessary form 6166 for 2017 which was applied for last December 2016 as a Single Member LLC. My question is what do I have to do now to file the 8802 now that their are three partners? The Partners are US Citizens, a Husband, Wife, and Son, all born in the USA and citizens of the USA since birth.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

We are applying for a 2018 6166 using form 8802

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Since you are applying for a 2018 6166, you will complete it in the name of the LLC and check the appropriate partnership boxes on Line 4b.

If certification is for the current calendar year or a year for which a tax return is not yet required to be filed, a penalties of perjury statement from Table 2 of the instructions must be entered on line 10 or attached to Form 8802 (see instructions).

The following link contains the instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8802.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Phone call session started

George,

It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.

Best regards,

Barb