Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

ACCOUNT REP FOR MY DISABLED DAUGHTER. SHE RECEIVES TWO

Customer Question
I AM THE ACCOUNT...

I AM THE ACCOUNT REP FOR MY DISABLED DAUGHTER.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

SHE RECEIVES TWO CHECKS PER MONTH. ONE WITH HER SSN AND ONE WITH MY SSN. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DIE?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

NOT THAT I AM AWARE OF

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
11/20/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Generally, Social Security will look for family or friends to serve as representative payees if the current representative payee dies. When friends or family are not able to serve as payees, Social Security looks for qualified organizations to be representative payees.

My best advice would be to have your replacement representative payee chosen so he/she can inform Social Security of your death and be named as your daughter's representative payee. Make sure they are aware that your death must be reported to Social Security as soon as possible so your daughter's benefits will continue without interruption.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

.