Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Been married 2 years in ca she just up m left I’m still

Customer Question
Been married 2 years...

Been married 2 years in ca she just up m left I’m still paying car payment cause it’s in my name insurance phone daycare but only married 2 years

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Self employed

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am reading over your inquiry. I will respond to you shortly.

What is it that you would like to know?

I’m still paying all her bills everything being married 2 years should I or just get Atterney n file

Are you referring to filing your taxes or are you referring to filing for a divorce?

Divorce

Ok. This question is in the wrong category. I will request that it be sent to family law. This is the Tax category.

Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

Yes, based on what you've said here someone needs to take some action. here no need for you to continue to pay these things. And divorce is certainly one of your options.

...

In divorce mediation, a divorcing couple works with a neutral mediator who helps both parties come to an agreement on all aspects of their divorce. The mediator may or may not be a lawyer, but he/she must be extremely well-versed in divorce and family law.

...

Then there's always Collaborative Divorce. Collaborative divorce occurs when a couple agrees to work out a divorce settlement without going to court.

...

The best advice I can give you about Do-It-Yourself Divorce, is DON’T Do-It-Yourself! Divorce is very complicated, both legally and financially. You can easily make mistakes, and many times those mistakes are irreversible.

...

The fourth divorce option is the most common. These days, the majority of divorcing couples choose the “traditional” model of litigated divorce.

Keep in mind, though, “litigated” does not mean the divorce ends up in court. In fact, the vast majority of all divorce cases (more than 95 percent) reach an out-of-court settlement agreement. “Litigation” is a legal term meaning 'carrying out a lawsuit

Hopefully this has helped you think through your options. If nothing else, one of the more formal processes above WILL get the other party's attention and allow you to get out from under things.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Hi - just checking back in ... did my answer help? Let me knowLane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS