Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My husband is selling his primary residence. Since he is 66,

Customer Question
Hi, My husband is...

Hi, My husband is selling his primary residence. Since he is 66, we have heard there will be no capital gains? True?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington State

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
11/18/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Capital gain realized on the sale of of primary residence may be excluded from taxable income in the property was owned and used as a primary residence at least two years out of last five before the sale.

That is NOT based on the age.

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 7 months ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.